So I was at World Market the other day and spotted a cute necklace and cowl. However, I could only have one or the other according to the Hubs, so I bought the cowl. (I cannot crochet!)
I went home and decided I would make my own version of the necklace. You can do it too!
This is so so easy to do! I used scrap fabric I already had and added the beads.
- Silky fabric of your choosing that measures around 32" in length and a few inches wide
- Silver beads ( I found mine at JoAnne's)
- Needle and thread
- Fray stop
- Lay out your fabric. Cut (3) strips about 1" wide lengthwise.
- Apply fray stop and wait for it to dry.
- Using the loop end of your needle, feed the corners of your fabric through the beads. (My package came with 8 beads, so I applied 3/3/2 per strip.) Move them around to your liking.
- Pulling the strips together at one end, tie a knot about 9" to 10"down on one end only.
- Secure that end (I clamped it in my sewing box) and create a very loose braid.
- Tie another knot at the opposite end the same way as before.
- Collecting all of the ends together and overlapping them a bit, sew them together. (It's okay if it looks a bit "unkempt" since that is the overall look of the necklace.)
Ready to wear!
**Just a side note to my readers: I will be out of town starting tomorrow and returning Sunday. Sadly, I will not have an opportunity to create and post. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!