Right now, its a "What-can-I-gloss-over?" phase. I've pretty much emptied my bottle of Triple Thick Gloss within the past couple of days.
- BALL Jar (Or any kind really.)
- Paint of your choosing
- Gold Leaf (Flaked)
- Triple Thick Gloss
- Gold paint
- Paint your jar. Use 2 coats for good measure.
- Tie your yarn around the rim of the jar. Continue wrapping around the rim until it is covered and start wrapping it down and around the base of the jar until you are satisfied with the appearance. ( Random always seems to come out the best, so switch directions as you are wrapping.)
- Tuck the end of your yarn under one of the lines.
- Whip out that Triple Thick Gloss and start gobbing it on! (Avoid the rim.) Use a paint brush to smooth it out.
- Taking pinches at a time, start sprinkling your gold leaf around the jar.
- Grab the gloss again and give it a second coat.
- Use the gold paint to add the final touch to the yarn surrounding the rim of your jar.
GLOSS-TASTIC JAR FINISHED!
Note: If you try this project, send me photos! I would loovvee to see your creations. :)