Anyway, the crafts and tutorials should start flowing a bit more again now, so stayed tuned!
Onto the project!
I am happy to share with you yet another World Market knock-off! I saw one of these guys and knew I could tackle it on my own (with a few tweaks). Here is the final result.
So very easy to do!
Love burlap and twine!!!
Here's the newest project next to my previous Primitive Wall Decor!
Here's how you can make your own photo board-
- Cork Bulletin Board (Any size you like.)
- Patterned Burlap
- Hot Glue/Glue Gun
- Any little trinkets you want to add to the cross points of the twine
- Tacks (optional)
- Measure out your burlap by laying it over the top of the cork board and allow and extra 2" on each side before cutting. (Be sure of whether or not you want your board vertical or horizontal before you cut your fabric!)
- Using your hot glue gun, glue the edges down around the back of the board, making sure to keep your burlap stretched as you go for a smooth surface.
- Now lay your twine diagonally across the board, starting with the corner. Cut each piece to size with an extra few inches so you can glue the end to the back of the board. Think about how much spacing you want to allow between strands and stay consistent. I spaced mine about 4" apart. Glue as you go and remember to keep your twine pulled tight.
- Repeat step 4 moving the opposite direction, creating a criss-cross pattern.
- Once you are finished with the above, you can now add any final buttons, tacks or embellishments to the center of the crosses. I found the cute little star buttons at JoAnne's and placed them randomly on the photo board.
Add photos, postcards or whatever strikes your fancy to your awesome new photo board and display!